20100328

Bread



It is almost the second Anniversary of our Bed and Breakfast! For the past two years we came across so many interesting people that we wouldn't have met if it was not the business. I kept thinking back of certain people who'd made an impression on me. Juan, for example, stayed with us during the last International Film Festival. He was here for the film La Soga, which he played the part of the General. Juan is smart, funny and knowledgeable. He loved eating the bread I made (almost every other day). He put on this most wonderful, satisfying look in his face as the lightly toasted bread went down his mouth. He then would look at me and tell me with his eyes "what a great treat!". I was so overwhelmed with his praises that I had to make sure my next loaf won't disappoint him.

Of course, my bread is better than those brought home because it is fresher. I have chosen a right bread maker after some research so that my baking would not discourage me. I have fun and been adventurous in trying out different recipes. I share conversation with guests on the success and failure about bread baking with machines. One thing that really surprises me though is my own persistence. Instead of letting my bread maker sitting idly there, we work together really hard year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment